Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know your used phones will work?
All of our phones have been fully tested to make sure that all of the features will work.
Each phone that is received goes through a testing process that checks all of the features that you would probably use on your device - phone calls, cameras, sensors, you name it! We do this to make sure you're getting exactly what you expect.
Our 30-day free returns policy means that if there are any issues, you're covered. Send a return back at no cost to you.
How long will it take to get my order?
Most of our orders ship out within 24 hours, and are shipped out from our place in Vancouver, Canada. Most orders are delivered within 2-5 days of ordering, depending on where you are in the US.
The phone I received doesn't work. What should I do?
Not to worry! We offer free returns within 30 days of your order date, so you're covered. Shoot us an email at email@example.com with your order number and we'll get the process started.
My contract just ended. Shouldn't I just renew my contract and get a new phone?
Don't do it! It may seem tempting to do so, but there are a long number of reasons you may want to reconsider:
1. The best phones are only discounted if you sign up for a more expensive plan (usually over $80 a month!)
2. You lose all flexibility if you find a deal with another carrier in a few months - you're stuck with what you have
3. That phone on a contract may not be the deal you think - you're basically paying for what could be an $800 phone over 24 months through higher plan prices
4. A used phone from The Mobile Base will have the exact same functionality as a new one of the same model, but without getting stuck in a contract
5. New phones on contracts are usually locked to a carrier, making it even harder for you to switch if you ever wanted to, or if you want to travel with your phone
We could keep on going, but it's pretty clear that contracts are not the way to go.
What does it mean if a phone is unlocked?
When you get a new phone from the store, chances are that it's locked, meaning you can only use it with one network (an AT&T locked phone can only be used with AT&T). An unlocked phone will be able to accept any SIM card.
I'm in the middle of my contract. Can I still get a phone from here?
Yes! The process of switching phones is really simple - all you have to do is put your old SIM card into your next phone from us, and you're ready to go.
Do you offer returns?
If you're not fully satisfied with your phone, you can go ahead and send it back to us for a full refund within 30 days of purchasing. And the best part? Return shipping is on us.